Tuesday 5 March 2013

It's 4 am...now what?

In a large, rectangular ship's container open at both end we stood watching as the plane, huge and heavy, flew lower and lower. It seemed to take forever but in seconds it was there, one of the huge jet engines, spinning and sucking, tipped and fell downwards while the rest of the plane flew over us.

"Run!" I yelled, grabbing you by the arm, and we ran into the maze of brightly coloured, painted boxes passing for houses. We ducked behind something vaguely grey and brick like while the world exploded in brilliant white light. I looked over at you but there was no one there. 

I wake up to find myself bathed in the remnants of a moon, waning and setting into the woods beyond the lake but its light, so bright I think I've left a light on, startles me. I get up because now that I'm awake I have to pee, the dregs of adrenaline from trying to escape the downed plane's engine still leave me shaken.

It's 4am and now what?

No comments:

Post a Comment

tales from the dark side...